Gutzeit/Porter House

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

And so it begins.....

Well, I've decided that I really am terrible at keeping in contact with everyone! I don't know why it took me 13 odd years to figure that out! hehe I enjoy reading some of my old friends', from high school, blogs so much that I thought I would start my own.

To catch everyone up to speed, we've had a lot of new and exciting things happen this year. First and foremost, Scott and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in May!!! Where has the time gone?? Oh that's right....the Navy got most of it! hehe It's really nice that both Scott and I have regular hour jobs now! We actually get to make plans for the weekends, can have supper together (when I feel like cooking) every night of the week.

We bought our very first home in May! We have actually been living in the house since we moved back to Iowa in December of 2003, but made it officially ours this year! No more base housing (Lemoore, CA), renting a ridiculously small townhouse for an even more ridiculous price(Virginia Beach). For those of you who don't know, we live in Wyoming, IA now. I know, I know, I said that I would never move back to Iowa, but man do I love the quiet! Too many nights of listening to the F18 jets flying overhead!!!

In July, I did something I never in my life thought that I would do.....completed a Triathlon!!! I thought I was going to die when I first started training. After 7 months of training and 34 pounds of weight loss, I feel like it was one of the best things I have ever done!! I'm looking forward to doing another tri next year, and I'm seriously considering doing RAGBRAI. Or maybe I'm just nuts?!?!

Also in July we added another member to our family. Adyson, our Austrailian Shepard, has proven to be another one of the great things that happened this year! She's a great dog, very lovable, well mannered and smart as a whip. Oliver, our beagle, had to make very few adjustments to get used to her and has even managed to drop of few "old pup" pounds by running in the backyard w/ Ady. Storm, our Siamese cat, is pretty pissed about the whole situation and stays upstairs in the cat domain most of the day.

Well, that's all I'm going to post for today. I can't gaurantee that I will post something everyday, because let's face it, it's just not going to happen! hehe Let me know what you think!

Have a great day!
Lissa

3 Comments:

  • Welcome to the blogging world! I'm actually going to start my own personal blog as well because there are too many things going on in my life that aren't just baby related. Imagine that! April Thinking Aloud

    By Blogger April, at 5:38 PM  

  • Welcome to the blog realm! I LOVE how all old high school friends have blogs...they are so fun to read! I dunno if you read mine or not...if not, mine is
    mel-pasker.blogspot.com. It's got a lot about the young 'uns in it, of course, but it's mostly my personal blog. I look forward to reading all about your life!!! I miss you!

    By Blogger Mel, at 6:49 PM  

  • Hey! Welcome to blogging! It is fun and very addicting, so I'll be anxious to see what is going on in your life now. :) It has been waaaay too long. I miss you!

    By Blogger Rorick Family, at 5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home