Gutzeit/Porter House

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Great weekends!!


Pic of Scott and I from last summer, we've both changed quite a bit, but I love this pic!!

Have I told you guys how much I appreciate having weekends off??? Man, it seems like we actually have more of a life now! Last weekend was the great citywide garage sales in Monti. Melinda had it at her place (thank goodness!). We made out like bandits! I made about $170 peddling my wares. What a great feeling not to have to take any of it back to my house! We donated what we didn't sell to Goodwill. Clean closets, clean upstairs...what was a girl to do but go shopping on Sunday!! hehe Mason and I went to CR, checked out some sporting goods stores for him (what is up with the ugly Pumas kids are wearing today?? Brown suede shoes w/ creme accents??? bizarre!!)

This past week went by in a blur, the only thing I really remember was that Friday came and it was time for my treasured weekend again!! hehe Friday night, got a surprise phone call! One of Scott's Navy buddies from California, Zach, had been trying to track us down for a few months and found us via Grandma Gutzeit! So, had about an hour and a half 3way phone conversation with his wife in Cali and his sister, Alli, in Texas. It was so great to hear from them!!

Saturday started early....why is it that I could sleep until 9 on the mornings I have to be up, but when I can actually sleep in-my brain is wide awake at 6:15?!?!?! grrrrrr Anyhoo, went to Aunt Nanc's shop, Melinda and Mason were getting their hair cut, so we visited for a while. I came home and piddled around the house for a couple of hours and then decided since it was kind of yuck outside that I would take a snooze. Gotta love weekends for the snoozes alone!!
;-) At 3, we went to Scott's aunt and uncles 40th anniversary party. It was a good time, seeing family that we don't get to see but maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Came home from the party around quarter to 6 and got stuff ready to go to Aunt Nanc and Uncle Kirk's for steaks and margaritas baby!!! Between the 4 of us, we went thru a gallon and a half of margaritas. So good!

Today is Sunday, so that means laundry, house cleaning, snooze, football/reading. Have I told you how much I love the weekends?? hehe Have a great week everyone! Love, Melissa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home