I have the greatest husband!!!

Ok, I know I will get maybe a few disputes from those of you who have awesome husbands too, but mine has really taking the prize this past week. I know you all know Scott..he's always been a really nice guy, laid back and just great all around. He has grown into one of the greatest men I've ever known! Besides just being a nice guy, he's so thoughtful, encouraging, patient, funny and plain old fantastic. Just to give you some insight on one of the ways he makes me feel like the most wonderful woman in the world....here's what happened on Friday.
First of all the day started great, #1 it was Friday (woohoo), #2 we had a 3 day weekend to look forward to (WooHoo) #3 I fit into a pair of jeans that I haven't fit into in 4 years (WOOHOO). (These are a pair of low rise Tommy jeans that I LOVE, but haven't fit into. My goal was to be in them by Christmas!!)
Our morning routine is to talk to each other when I'm driving on my way to work. (He has to be to work by 6:30 am, and I don't have to be in until 8:30) Well, Friday morning I called him on my way to work and when he said "good morning", I started to cry. He asked me what was wrong and I told him all of the 3 things listed above. I could hear a pause and then, honest to goodness, I could hear him smile over the phone. He said "congratulations, I knew you could do it, I'm so proud of you!!" We talked and laughed for a few more minutes and wished each other a great day.
About 12:30 Friday afternoon a floral delivery truck pulled up outside the building. To be honest I really didn't think too much of it because they usually deliver every couple of days to other women in the building. This time; however, he came to our door and just kind of stood there looking around. For a minute, I thought maybe one of the guys that I work with got flowers because the guy was definately not looking at me. I asked him if I could help him and he asked if I was Melissa. My eyes filled with tears as I took the beautiful bouquet. The card said "Just because...Love, Scott" I called Scott right away to thank him for the flowers and I asked him what the special occasion was. He said that he just wanted to make a great day even better for me. I'm kind of tearing up writing this now.
You know when Scott and I first started dating in high school, I know many, many people didn't think that we would last long. To be honest with you, me being the dork that I was, I figured Scott being the cool guy he was would get bored with me pretty quick. But it was just amazing from the beginning how much we clicked and just seemed to fit. Every day that passes I really am so grateful that I told Westoff that I had a crush on Scott. I'm glad that I wasn't as big a dork as I thought I was and that he wanted to go on a date with me! hehe I'm also glad that he joined the Navy and we spent our first 8 years of married life away from family-so that we could make it or break it on our own. We grew even closer, having each other to depend on and turn to when things arose.
Now after 10 years of marriage, nearly 13 years being together, he still finds ways to make me feel special and loved and I try to do the same for him. (Although not with flowers, I learned that after a Valentine's day I sent him flowers to work, he was pretty red when he got home! hehe) And one of these days we will have a child to share this love with....right now our dogs are spoiled beyond belief!!
Sorry I wrote a book on this, I just wanted to share my happiness with some of the other people in my life that make me happy! I love the fact that we are still connected!! Take care! Love, Melissa

3 Comments:
Don't be sorry you wrote so much! That is the most romantic story. I am so happy for you and Scott. One of my very best friends married her high school sweetheart and now her daughter is talking about marrying hers. I will have my friend read this before she discourages her daughter even more! Thanks for making my day too!
By
Rorick Family, at 4:48 AM
Those are beautiful flowers, you are very lucky to have found someone so special to you. I saw your sister yesterday at the bank and she said you showed her my blog...how dare you do that! Just kidding, I'm really glad so many people read it, it forces me to try to post something at least once a week!
By
Mel, at 6:18 AM
Awwwww!!!!! I always knew Scott was a great guy and you were an awesome person. The two of you truly were destined to be together :) I am so happy for you that you had such a fabulous day and have such an amazing husband and marriage!!! Love ya!
By
Anonymous, at 10:17 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home