Gutzeit/Porter House

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's been a while...

Man, I have been pretty bad with this. Here's the rundown on what we've been up to.

Last Friday-Had Nat and Mackenzie Jacobs overnight. Made Mexican lasagna for supper, for my first attempt I don't think it was too bad. Both of the girls liked it and Scott, of course, loved it. We watched "Mean Girls" Friday night and stayed up watching movies until about 11:30. By then I was exhausted, Scott had already been in bed for about an hour, so I told the girls it was time to go to bed.

Saturday-had to work from 9-12. Man, I do love the fact that I only do 1 Saturday a month and it's only for 3 hours! Quite a change from retail hours!!! Anyhoo, by the time I got home, the remaining 2 Jacobs kids had arrived. Scott had already fed them lunch and decided he was done for the afternoon. He camped out on the couch and watched college football while I took all 4 kids and 2 dogs outside. We played volleyball, whiffle ball, tag, soccer, had wheelbarrow races, did cartwheels, etc. Needless to say, by 4:30 I was beat!!! (By the way, has anyone attempted to do a cartwheel since you've turned 30??? Not as easy as they once were and I swear I heard my right hip popped the 2nd time I did one!! hehehe Shit, my body is aging faster than the rest of me!!!) After playing outside until 4:30, we came in and played UNO until about 5:30 and then all 4 of us girls started making homemade pizza. (The boys went out to Dad's farm to shoot BB guns) After supper, it was back outside for more volleyball and whiffle ball. I was done with cartwheels!! Nic and Nat were both ready for bed around 8:30, and to be honest with you so was I!! Scott made it to 9:30 and by 10:30 I was doing the head bob on the couch. Mackenzie and Kaitlyn (13 and 8) were still going strong playing SIMS on the computer. Uncle Scott thought this was an ok thing for them, but I think if they make groaning noises while kissing, you should be at least 16 to play it!! hehe

Sunday-Thought I would try and sleep in...yeah right, I made it to 6am!!! What the hell?!?! I ended up watching "Poseidon". I kind of like the older one with Gene Hackman and Shelley Winters better, but Josh Lucas is HOT!! The kids got up around 8:30 and I made blueberry muffins for breakfast. (Just call me Martha!! not!!!) Scott ended up taking them home around 2:30pm. I stayed home and took an hour snooze. Man, I don't know how Brenda does it!! I was pooped the whole rest of the day!

This week-I have been organizing our upstairs. (Mel has been my inspiration!) We don't really use our upstairs except for storage, so it really needed to be cleaned! I found all kinds of things to sell in the garage sale at Melinda's this weekend!! All of my "fat" clothes are out the door!!! I WILL NOT be going back to any of those sizes!! If anyone happens to be in Monti this Friday and Saturday, I'll be at Melinda's on Southhaven drive for the garage sale. I'm looking forward to raking in the loot!

I'll try to be better with this thing. At least post every 3 days....we'll see! Take care!

1 Comments:

  • I'll be out garage sale-ing...I'll stop by!!!

    By Blogger Mel, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home