Gutzeit/Porter House

Friday, June 08, 2007

Sick again!!!

This is getting ridiculous! I hardly ever get sick. I can count on 1 hand how many times I've gotten sick/missed work, etc....that is, before I turned 30. It seems my body is somehow making up for lost time in the sick department. Already this year I've had 2 colds, bronchitis, the stomach flu once, and mono. I've also been the lucky recipient of food poisoning the day before Macy's baby shower in May.

On Tuesday morning, I woke up and my throat was kind of scratchy. I guess I figured it was from having the ceiling fan on in the bedroom, windows open and maybe a little bit of snoring. Wednesday morning, same thing. By the end of the work day on Wednesday, I was starting to feel like my head was going to explode and that I had plugged every orifice of my head with Kleenex, cotton balls, toilet paper, you name it. Wednesday night was coughing, hacking. Thursday morning, my head literally felt as though there was an axe embedded into it. Stayed home yesterday from work, drank Robitussin like it was water and took some allergy meds. (Thought that's what the head clog thing was.) This morning, axe has been removed from head, head still stuffed, but coughing has increased to the dry heave level. I also think I may have pulled a muscle in my back from coughing so hard!

What the heck is going on? I take my multi-vitamins like a good girl, exercise regularly, little to no stress (unless you figure the baby factor, but that's been ongoing for a few years). I don't get it. I have lost more time this year working at a job I LOVE, than at any other job I've ever worked combined!!! My docs keep giving me meds to treat what I have at the time, but I'm ready to change docs and get a 2nd opinion!!

Well, enough of my whining...I sound like Scott when he gets sick!! hehe Love you Scott!

3 Comments:

  • My Gosh! That really sucks to be you! It is a good thing you are tough. :)

    By Blogger Rorick Family, at 5:25 AM  

  • So glad to hear from you again...missed you! Sorry you're sick though...so what did you have when I ran into you at the doctors office? Was that the mono?? Or was that the bronchitis? You certainly didn't sound good!

    By Blogger Mel, at 9:05 PM  

  • I'm so sorry to hear you are sick, Melissa! That is NO fun! I totally hear what you're saying though b/c I've been sick more the last year or so than ever as well. If it aint one thing, it's another! I just had my 7th bout of mastitis in 5 months and Kasia just had the 12 hour vomiting stomach flu as well so it's been a fun week ;) Seriously, take it easy and I hope you heal FAST! Love ya!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home