Busy, busy!!
I wanted to write a quick note in here about the triathlon and other events that are going on. It's been crazy around here!
Last weekend of the tri was so much fun!! It was a terribly hot day, about 95 in the shade, humid and windy!! Why not, see how tough we really are! hehe (I will post some pictures of it later tonight.) Melinda rocked in the swim; it took her about 20 minutes. I shaved 6 minutes off my bike time last year...I rode the 12.1 miles in 48 minutes!! Melinda and I then completed the 3.1 run. Melinda finished about 5 minutes faster than me, at 36 minutes. I think we're going to find some closer races next year. I'm looking into the biathlons and possible doing the week of RAGBRAI. We'll see.
This past weekend was action packed as well! Scott's sister, Tracy, come back from Minneapolis with her two boys. We headed up right away Saturday morning to play with them for a couple of hours. I can't believe how fast they are growing!! Finn just turned 3 and Julian will be 6 on October. Too cute!!! We left them around 11 am to go get ready at home for Scott's cousin, Troy's wedding. It was a lot of fun! I had to wait for my Jacobs' neices and nephew to get there before I had anyone to dance with! Thanks Mac, Kaitlyn and Nat!!! :-) I tried to teach the girls the electric slide, which they didn't seem too interested in knowing; however, they did know the "Stroke It" song and dance. Needless to say, I thought it would be a few more years before I danced with any of my neices to that song!! hehehe
Yesterday, Sunday, morning got up and went to Gpa and Gma Gutzeit's to help bale hay. It was really nice to do it inthe morning before it got too hot! I helped the other women unload the first 2 hay wagons, and then thought I would give the hay mow(I really don't know how to spell that.) a try. I joked around with the guys that they've been lying to us for years about how bad it is up there! (I know it was much easier since it was only about 70 degrees out when we started!) Had a good time ribbing them!
After bailing, we went to the great Wyoming fair and watched our neice, Kaitlyn, show her horse. It was so great to see her do such a great job!! She was the youngest in her group, by about 25 years!!! She ended up placing 4th overall!!! Way to go Kaitlyn!!!!
After that, we came home showered and took a bit of a nap. Ok, actually I took a very long nap!!! hehe
Well, I should go get ready for work. I will post pictures tonight when I get home! Take care all and hopefully see you at the fair!!!
Last weekend of the tri was so much fun!! It was a terribly hot day, about 95 in the shade, humid and windy!! Why not, see how tough we really are! hehe (I will post some pictures of it later tonight.) Melinda rocked in the swim; it took her about 20 minutes. I shaved 6 minutes off my bike time last year...I rode the 12.1 miles in 48 minutes!! Melinda and I then completed the 3.1 run. Melinda finished about 5 minutes faster than me, at 36 minutes. I think we're going to find some closer races next year. I'm looking into the biathlons and possible doing the week of RAGBRAI. We'll see.
This past weekend was action packed as well! Scott's sister, Tracy, come back from Minneapolis with her two boys. We headed up right away Saturday morning to play with them for a couple of hours. I can't believe how fast they are growing!! Finn just turned 3 and Julian will be 6 on October. Too cute!!! We left them around 11 am to go get ready at home for Scott's cousin, Troy's wedding. It was a lot of fun! I had to wait for my Jacobs' neices and nephew to get there before I had anyone to dance with! Thanks Mac, Kaitlyn and Nat!!! :-) I tried to teach the girls the electric slide, which they didn't seem too interested in knowing; however, they did know the "Stroke It" song and dance. Needless to say, I thought it would be a few more years before I danced with any of my neices to that song!! hehehe
Yesterday, Sunday, morning got up and went to Gpa and Gma Gutzeit's to help bale hay. It was really nice to do it inthe morning before it got too hot! I helped the other women unload the first 2 hay wagons, and then thought I would give the hay mow(I really don't know how to spell that.) a try. I joked around with the guys that they've been lying to us for years about how bad it is up there! (I know it was much easier since it was only about 70 degrees out when we started!) Had a good time ribbing them!
After bailing, we went to the great Wyoming fair and watched our neice, Kaitlyn, show her horse. It was so great to see her do such a great job!! She was the youngest in her group, by about 25 years!!! She ended up placing 4th overall!!! Way to go Kaitlyn!!!!
After that, we came home showered and took a bit of a nap. Ok, actually I took a very long nap!!! hehe
Well, I should go get ready for work. I will post pictures tonight when I get home! Take care all and hopefully see you at the fair!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home