Kitchen project



Scott and I started on our kitchen this past weekend. It was previously a butter yellow color with a burgandy stripe around it. Scott HATED the color, and let's be honest, what the hell possessed me to paint a stripe of any color around the room?!?! Scott put about 3 coats of primer on the stripe and then put the first coat of pumpkin pie mouse on the walls. My uncle Johnny and Aunt Kathy had just painted their kitchen the same color and I LOVED it, so... We painted the cabinets an almond paste color, replaced all of the hinges and knobs with satin nickel. Yesterday at 8:30 in the morning, I started laying tile in the kitchen. It was going really well, until I got the the edges and had to do cuts. I am damn proud how it turned out! I did the whole floor by myself...now I know that I can do the bathroom also. We are still looking at new countertops, new sink and faucet, so we're hoping to be totally done with the kitchen in the next couple of months. The one pictures shows the old linoleum tile, with the new tile that I layed down on top of it. I absolutely love it!! I woke up this morning and just stood in the kitchen for a few minutes just to soak it in.

2 Comments:
Looks nice, you guys! Way to go!
By
Mel, at 6:29 AM
Looks great, Gutz!!! I'm so proud of you!!! I don't think I could do that all by myself! You rock :)
By
Anonymous, at 6:47 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home